Facts about the Common Core State Standards
The Common Core Overview: English Language Arts
by Align, Assess, Achieve on YouTube
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are a set of shared goals and expectations of knowledge and skills that students will need to be successful in a global environment. The development of the CCSS was a state-led effort to create rigorous, internationally benchmarked standards. Though the adoption of these standards is not federally mandated, 44 states have officially adopted the CCSS as of May 2011.
The Common Core State Standards were developed to meet the following criteria:
- Align with expectations for college and career success
- Be clear, so educators and parents can understand and support the standards
- Ensure consistency across states
- Include both content and application
- Build upon strengths and lessons learned from current state standards
- Benchmarked against other top performing countries around the world
- Be based on evidence and research based criteria
Thank you for visiting Align, Assess, Achieve!Have questions? We are here to help!
Please don't hesitate to contact us or give us a call at (614) 505-6820